Just as we were beginning to figure out exactly why MIMS was hot, he disappeared. The Washington Heights, Manhattan native recently roared back into the spotlight, however, with the Junior Reid-assisted Barock Star, which gained mega attention and set the tone for his currently-untitled sophomore follow-up. Past the politics, MIMS is headed straight to the club in search of some Donkie Booty; the type he could see even if he was “blind like Stevie Wonder.” With above-average lyrical skill for a booty anthem, a chorus from Trey Songz, and production from Elvis “Blac Elvis” Williams (who previously helped Songz with This Is The Life) Donkie Booty could become a hit sooner than later. Enough to make MIMS hot again, you ask? Let’s see if Capitol Records promotes this potential club anthem.
Written by Burmy on 09/21/08
Submit your Rating
American King Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Why I'm Hot (Remix) ft. Junior Reid & Cham" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.