To me, a mimosa is something that you drink at brunch when you’re not quite hungover enough to order a bloody mary. MiMOSa‘s music, however, is less suitable for a Sunday morning spent picking at scrambled eggs and nursing a headache than for the weed and syrup-fueled Saturday night that led up to it. SWRV, the San Francisco beatsmith’s instrumental debut single and first feature in the Booth, is Southern-style street music with a twist. Staccato synth arpeggios, thumping 808 rhythms and down-pitched, Houston screw style chorus vocals mix with electronic power-drill squeals, clipped chants and pulsing ray-gun sound effects to a stark, sometimes chaotic groove perfectly calibrated for trunk-banging. While FUTURETRILL has yet to receive a solid drop date, listeners craving more monster beats can keep their browsers locked to the Booth for the latest tunes and release details.
FALSE iDOL Music/Muti Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.