To me, a mimosa is something that you drink at brunch when you’re not quite hungover enough to order a bloody mary. MiMOSa‘s music, however, is less suitable for a Sunday morning spent picking at scrambled eggs and nursing a headache than for the weed and syrup-fueled Saturday night that led up to it. SWRV, the San Francisco beatsmith’s instrumental debut single and first feature in the Booth, is Southern-style street music with a twist. Staccato synth arpeggios, thumping 808 rhythms and down-pitched, Houston screw style chorus vocals mix with electronic power-drill squeals, clipped chants and pulsing ray-gun sound effects to a stark, sometimes chaotic groove perfectly calibrated for trunk-banging. While FUTURETRILL has yet to receive a solid drop date, listeners craving more monster beats can keep their browsers locked to the Booth for the latest tunes and release details.
Written by richard on 10/21/12
FALSE iDOL Music/Muti Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.