To me, a mimosa is something that you drink at brunch when you’re not quite hungover enough to order a bloody mary. MiMOSa‘s music, however, is less suitable for a Sunday morning spent picking at scrambled eggs and nursing a headache than for the weed and syrup-fueled Saturday night that led up to it. SWRV, the San Francisco beatsmith’s instrumental debut single and first feature in the Booth, is Southern-style street music with a twist. Staccato synth arpeggios, thumping 808 rhythms and down-pitched, Houston screw style chorus vocals mix with electronic power-drill squeals, clipped chants and pulsing ray-gun sound effects to a stark, sometimes chaotic groove perfectly calibrated for trunk-banging. While FUTURETRILL has yet to receive a solid drop date, listeners craving more monster beats can keep their browsers locked to the Booth for the latest tunes and release details.
Written by richard on 10/21/12
Submit your Rating
FALSE iDOL Music/Muti Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.