A Windy City alt-soul duo who met as freshmen at Brown University, Milo&Otis make their first foray into The DJBooth with a freshly-selected single off their debut set. Written, produced, recorded, mixed and engineered entirely in-house, Tiny Soldiers extends the oft-cited analogy between love and war to the realm of breakups. Over a sparse, yet catchy instrumental driven by syncopated percussion and a cappella-style vocal harmonies, singer Milo depicts her struggle to erase all memory of an ex as a conflict between minuscule armies on the battleground of her psyche. Has this emotionally-charged cut left you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Milo&Otis’ The Joy LP, released last May and available now for digital purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 02/11/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.