A Windy City alt-soul duo who met as freshmen at Brown University, Milo&Otis make their first foray into The DJBooth with a freshly-selected single off their debut set. Written, produced, recorded, mixed and engineered entirely in-house, Tiny Soldiers extends the oft-cited analogy between love and war to the realm of breakups. Over a sparse, yet catchy instrumental driven by syncopated percussion and a cappella-style vocal harmonies, singer Milo depicts her struggle to erase all memory of an ex as a conflict between minuscule armies on the battleground of her psyche. Has this emotionally-charged cut left you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Milo&Otis’ The Joy LP, released last May and available now for digital purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 02/11/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)