A Windy City alt-soul duo who met as freshmen at Brown University, Milo&Otis make their first foray into The DJBooth with a freshly-selected single off their debut set. Written, produced, recorded, mixed and engineered entirely in-house, Tiny Soldiers extends the oft-cited analogy between love and war to the realm of breakups. Over a sparse, yet catchy instrumental driven by syncopated percussion and a cappella-style vocal harmonies, singer Milo depicts her struggle to erase all memory of an ex as a conflict between minuscule armies on the battleground of her psyche. Has this emotionally-charged cut left you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Milo&Otis’ The Joy LP, released last May and available now for digital purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 02/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.