A Windy City alt-soul duo who met as freshmen at Brown University, Milo&Otis make their first foray into The DJBooth with a freshly-selected single off their debut set. Written, produced, recorded, mixed and engineered entirely in-house, Tiny Soldiers extends the oft-cited analogy between love and war to the realm of breakups. Over a sparse, yet catchy instrumental driven by syncopated percussion and a cappella-style vocal harmonies, singer Milo depicts her struggle to erase all memory of an ex as a conflict between minuscule armies on the battleground of her psyche. Has this emotionally-charged cut left you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Milo&Otis’ The Joy LP, released last May and available now for digital purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 02/11/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.