The last time we heard from Chi-Town duo Milo&Otis was in February (Tiny Soldiers), so you can imagine The Joy I felt when I saw that the pair had a new video single. On this contemplative effort M&O prove that you can be profound and deep and still keep it simple. The combination of Otis’ subtle bass-work with Owen Hill’s airy production—mixing in an interpolation of Maxwell’s Pretty Wings—creates a poignant environment that is perfect for Milo’s soulful crooning and her optimistic, heartwarming lyrics. Adding to the understand vibe is Pete Campbell, who directs visuals that feature the sunset on the lake among other interesting shots. The Joy is the title track from Milo&Otis’ latest album, available for digital purchase as of May.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/10/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.