The last time we heard from Chi-Town duo Milo&Otis was in February (Tiny Soldiers), so you can imagine The Joy I felt when I saw that the pair had a new video single. On this contemplative effort M&O prove that you can be profound and deep and still keep it simple. The combination of Otis’ subtle bass-work with Owen Hill’s airy production—mixing in an interpolation of Maxwell’s Pretty Wings—creates a poignant environment that is perfect for Milo’s soulful crooning and her optimistic, heartwarming lyrics. Adding to the understand vibe is Pete Campbell, who directs visuals that feature the sunset on the lake among other interesting shots. The Joy is the title track from Milo&Otis’ latest album, available for digital purchase as of May.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/10/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.