The last time we heard from Chi-Town duo Milo&Otis was in February (Tiny Soldiers), so you can imagine The Joy I felt when I saw that the pair had a new video single. On this contemplative effort M&O prove that you can be profound and deep and still keep it simple. The combination of Otis’ subtle bass-work with Owen Hill’s airy production—mixing in an interpolation of Maxwell’s Pretty Wings—creates a poignant environment that is perfect for Milo’s soulful crooning and her optimistic, heartwarming lyrics. Adding to the understand vibe is Pete Campbell, who directs visuals that feature the sunset on the lake among other interesting shots. The Joy is the title track from Milo&Otis’ latest album, available for digital purchase as of May.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.