The last time we heard from Chi-Town duo Milo&Otis was in February (Tiny Soldiers), so you can imagine The Joy I felt when I saw that the pair had a new video single. On this contemplative effort M&O prove that you can be profound and deep and still keep it simple. The combination of Otis’ subtle bass-work with Owen Hill’s airy production—mixing in an interpolation of Maxwell’s Pretty Wings—creates a poignant environment that is perfect for Milo’s soulful crooning and her optimistic, heartwarming lyrics. Adding to the understand vibe is Pete Campbell, who directs visuals that feature the sunset on the lake among other interesting shots. The Joy is the title track from Milo&Otis’ latest album, available for digital purchase as of May.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.