The last time we heard from Chi-Town duo Milo&Otis was in February (Tiny Soldiers), so you can imagine The Joy I felt when I saw that the pair had a new video single. On this contemplative effort M&O prove that you can be profound and deep and still keep it simple. The combination of Otis’ subtle bass-work with Owen Hill’s airy production—mixing in an interpolation of Maxwell’s Pretty Wings—creates a poignant environment that is perfect for Milo’s soulful crooning and her optimistic, heartwarming lyrics. Adding to the understand vibe is Pete Campbell, who directs visuals that feature the sunset on the lake among other interesting shots. The Joy is the title track from Milo&Otis’ latest album, available for digital purchase as of May.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)