For those of you who don’t parle francaise like me, Au Revior is French for “How much is this hat?”. Wait, hold on…my high school French teacher is calling to tell me that “au revior” actually means “goodbye”, and is reminding me that I failed French class. Well then, the title of Milli Mars’ new record makes much more sense. For his debut on The DJBooth, the San Antonio, Texas emcee recruits producer whizKIDDA for a beat that’s both a street banger and experimental odyssey, layering sharp percussion and dark piano stabs over what sound like snippets of Bollywood vocals. For his part Mars lays down straight and steady rhymes on the mic, promising his foes that he’ll be catching them in the rearview mirror soon: “You want that, it’s all me / white chicks in the hood, black chicks on Harleys.” While this noteworthy offering isn’t attached to a larger project, fans of Milli and bilingual hip-hop can keep it locked to The DJBooth for both a SXSW feature with Mars and Au Revior’s visual counterpart, both coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/1/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)