For those of you who don’t parle francaise like me, Au Revior is French for “How much is this hat?”. Wait, hold on…my high school French teacher is calling to tell me that “au revior” actually means “goodbye”, and is reminding me that I failed French class. Well then, the title of Milli Mars’ new record makes much more sense. For his debut on The DJBooth, the San Antonio, Texas emcee recruits producer whizKIDDA for a beat that’s both a street banger and experimental odyssey, layering sharp percussion and dark piano stabs over what sound like snippets of Bollywood vocals. For his part Mars lays down straight and steady rhymes on the mic, promising his foes that he’ll be catching them in the rearview mirror soon: “You want that, it’s all me / white chicks in the hood, black chicks on Harleys.” While this noteworthy offering isn’t attached to a larger project, fans of Milli and bilingual hip-hop can keep it locked to The DJBooth for both a SXSW feature with Mars and Au Revior’s visual counterpart, both coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/1/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)