For those of you who don’t parle francaise like me, Au Revior is French for “How much is this hat?”. Wait, hold on…my high school French teacher is calling to tell me that “au revior” actually means “goodbye”, and is reminding me that I failed French class. Well then, the title of Milli Mars’ new record makes much more sense. For his debut on The DJBooth, the San Antonio, Texas emcee recruits producer whizKIDDA for a beat that’s both a street banger and experimental odyssey, layering sharp percussion and dark piano stabs over what sound like snippets of Bollywood vocals. For his part Mars lays down straight and steady rhymes on the mic, promising his foes that he’ll be catching them in the rearview mirror soon: “You want that, it’s all me / white chicks in the hood, black chicks on Harleys.” While this noteworthy offering isn’t attached to a larger project, fans of Milli and bilingual hip-hop can keep it locked to The DJBooth for both a SXSW feature with Mars and Au Revior’s visual counterpart, both coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/1/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.