Nearly four years after kicking off a nationwide rager on Party in the USA, Miley Cyrus shows no signs of slowing down. On We Can’t Stop, the lead single off her next album, the actress and recording artist makes clear that, come what what may, the party will continue. The ubiquitous Mike WiLL Made It mans the boards, departing from his usual street-ready fare to craft a tuneful, pop-appealing synth beat. Ironically, Cyrus’ verses find her channeling her inner Juicy J., indulging freely in molly and cocaine and shouting out her, “homegirls with the big old butts / shaking it like [they’re] at a strip club.” Penned by Booth faves Rock City in conjunction with Mike WiLL and Miley, We Can’t Stop is slated to appear on the artist’s currently-untitled senior set and RCA Records debut. Keep it locked for the latest on the LP, which has yet to receive a spot on the release calendar.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.