First things first: yes, the spelling error in the title of Miles Marquee‘s latest feature is intentional. Orthographical quirks aside, though, album lead single Virgen Mary is an appropriately dope entrée into the Motown rhymesayer’s official debut set. Frequent collaborator Jerry Parker takes us to church on the production tip, layering quavering organ chords and melismatic soul vocals over a syncopated breakbeat as the Booth regular blesses the mic with his usual witty wordplay and tightly-wound flows. There is, as yet, no set release date for The Quee’s, but those feeling Virgen Mary can stay tuned for further details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock Witchu" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.