First things first: yes, the spelling error in the title of Miles Marquee‘s latest feature is intentional. Orthographical quirks aside, though, album lead single Virgen Mary is an appropriately dope entrée into the Motown rhymesayer’s official debut set. Frequent collaborator Jerry Parker takes us to church on the production tip, layering quavering organ chords and melismatic soul vocals over a syncopated breakbeat as the Booth regular blesses the mic with his usual witty wordplay and tightly-wound flows. There is, as yet, no set release date for The Quee’s, but those feeling Virgen Mary can stay tuned for further details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock Witchu" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.