First things first: yes, the spelling error in the title of Miles Marquee‘s latest feature is intentional. Orthographical quirks aside, though, album lead single Virgen Mary is an appropriately dope entrée into the Motown rhymesayer’s official debut set. Frequent collaborator Jerry Parker takes us to church on the production tip, layering quavering organ chords and melismatic soul vocals over a syncopated breakbeat as the Booth regular blesses the mic with his usual witty wordplay and tightly-wound flows. There is, as yet, no set release date for The Quee’s, but those feeling Virgen Mary can stay tuned for further details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock Witchu" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.