As we approach summer’s halfway point (I know, time is flying for me, too.), listeners may be starting to crave something a bit more grounded and contemplative than your typical warm-weather jam. If that’s the case, Miles Marquee‘s latest effort should be just what the doctor ordered. The Last Ride finds Jerry Parker cooking up a pensive guitar-loop backdrop for the Motown representative’s world-weary, yet determined reflections on the hustle. Drey Skonie, the Making the Band alumnus who brought us My Lady, provides an understated guest hook. Last Ride isn’t attached to a larger set, but I have a feeling it won’t be the last we hear from Miles Marquee. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock Witchu" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.