As we approach summer’s halfway point (I know, time is flying for me, too.), listeners may be starting to crave something a bit more grounded and contemplative than your typical warm-weather jam. If that’s the case, Miles Marquee‘s latest effort should be just what the doctor ordered. The Last Ride finds Jerry Parker cooking up a pensive guitar-loop backdrop for the Motown representative’s world-weary, yet determined reflections on the hustle. Drey Skonie, the Making the Band alumnus who brought us My Lady, provides an understated guest hook. Last Ride isn’t attached to a larger set, but I have a feeling it won’t be the last we hear from Miles Marquee. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock Witchu" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.