Way back in elementary school, we were required to take chorus as a class. Considering I am the worst singer ever, I hated it. The only good part was the goofy warm-up exercises, like saying, “Red Leather, yellow leather,” repeatedly as a way to loosen up. No amount of ‘Red Leather’s could get me prepared to rap like Miles Marquee, though; the man is simply dazzling on the mic. On this refreshing cut, Miles laces Jerry Parker‘s sampled beat with a few charismatic, party-ready bars. Scolla contributes a smooth, sung-rapped outro, ensuring the liquor will be flowing until the very end. Red Leather is slated to appear on Miles’s upcoming solo project, The Quee’s.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock Witchu" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.