Way back in elementary school, we were required to take chorus as a class. Considering I am the worst singer ever, I hated it. The only good part was the goofy warm-up exercises, like saying, “Red Leather, yellow leather,” repeatedly as a way to loosen up. No amount of ‘Red Leather’s could get me prepared to rap like Miles Marquee, though; the man is simply dazzling on the mic. On this refreshing cut, Miles laces Jerry Parker‘s sampled beat with a few charismatic, party-ready bars. Scolla contributes a smooth, sung-rapped outro, ensuring the liquor will be flowing until the very end. Red Leather is slated to appear on Miles’s upcoming solo project, The Quee’s.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock Witchu" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.