It may sound nice to while away one’s days wallowing in massive piles of riches, enjoying the company of beautiful men and/or women as you sip liquors that cost more than the average person’s yearly salary, but… you know, actually, I can’t think of any substantial downside to that. Even so, cash can’t buy you back lost time, or bring back loved ones who have passed. On new single Make Believe, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Miles Marquee looks ahead to the success he envisions in his future, while keeping his feet planted firmly on the pavement. Over Jerry Parker‘s soulful instrumental, a sliced-n-diced adaptation of J. J. Barnes’ I Just Make Believe (I’m Touching You), the Rock Witchu rhymesayer fills listeners in on the struggle and hardship of his past and present, describing the haters who lurk around every corner (“If you got it n*ggas out here hate y’all”) and his familial woes (“Pops wasn’t sh*t, guess I’ma see him in hell.”). Nonetheless, the Motown repper remains determined to hustle (and stunt) his way to a better tomorrow. Miles clearly has the right attitude, but are you digging his sound? If so, don’t miss his Critically Ashamed street album, scheduled to drop Sept. 11.
Written by richard on 08/28/11
Submit your Rating
36O Juice Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rock Witchu" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.