Who’s up for a riddle? No one? Well too bad, you’re getting one anyway. What Grinds hard stones to meal / Slays king, ruins town / And beats high mountain down? For those not up on their Lord of the Rings references, or incapable of reading the title of this entry, the answer is, of course, Time. Far less dorky but no less invested in wordplay is Time, the latest single from T-Dot mainstay Miles Jones, who crafts an ode to that unstoppable force over a murky yet head-nodding self-produced beat. It’s the perfect stage for Jones to put in some seriously reminiscent rhyme work filled with nods to BK Knights and MC Hammer – I know my fellow ‘80s babies are feeling nostalgic right now. Throw in a smooth guest verse from Promise and you’ve got a new joint that’s delivers, and does it on Time. With music like this, it’s only a matter of Time before Jones’ truly blows up….sorry, got carried away with the puns there. Just know that while this record isn’t part of a larger project (yet), you can count on DJBooth to let you know as soon as one emerges.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/25/11
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.