Who’s up for a riddle? No one? Well too bad, you’re getting one anyway. What Grinds hard stones to meal / Slays king, ruins town / And beats high mountain down? For those not up on their Lord of the Rings references, or incapable of reading the title of this entry, the answer is, of course, Time. Far less dorky but no less invested in wordplay is Time, the latest single from T-Dot mainstay Miles Jones, who crafts an ode to that unstoppable force over a murky yet head-nodding self-produced beat. It’s the perfect stage for Jones to put in some seriously reminiscent rhyme work filled with nods to BK Knights and MC Hammer – I know my fellow ‘80s babies are feeling nostalgic right now. Throw in a smooth guest verse from Promise and you’ve got a new joint that’s delivers, and does it on Time. With music like this, it’s only a matter of Time before Jones’ truly blows up….sorry, got carried away with the puns there. Just know that while this record isn’t part of a larger project (yet), you can count on DJBooth to let you know as soon as one emerges.
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.