Who’s up for a riddle? No one? Well too bad, you’re getting one anyway. What Grinds hard stones to meal / Slays king, ruins town / And beats high mountain down? For those not up on their Lord of the Rings references, or incapable of reading the title of this entry, the answer is, of course, Time. Far less dorky but no less invested in wordplay is Time, the latest single from T-Dot mainstay Miles Jones, who crafts an ode to that unstoppable force over a murky yet head-nodding self-produced beat. It’s the perfect stage for Jones to put in some seriously reminiscent rhyme work filled with nods to BK Knights and MC Hammer – I know my fellow ‘80s babies are feeling nostalgic right now. Throw in a smooth guest verse from Promise and you’ve got a new joint that’s delivers, and does it on Time. With music like this, it’s only a matter of Time before Jones’ truly blows up….sorry, got carried away with the puns there. Just know that while this record isn’t part of a larger project (yet), you can count on DJBooth to let you know as soon as one emerges.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/25/11
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.