Who’s up for a riddle? No one? Well too bad, you’re getting one anyway. What Grinds hard stones to meal / Slays king, ruins town / And beats high mountain down? For those not up on their Lord of the Rings references, or incapable of reading the title of this entry, the answer is, of course, Time. Far less dorky but no less invested in wordplay is Time, the latest single from T-Dot mainstay Miles Jones, who crafts an ode to that unstoppable force over a murky yet head-nodding self-produced beat. It’s the perfect stage for Jones to put in some seriously reminiscent rhyme work filled with nods to BK Knights and MC Hammer – I know my fellow ‘80s babies are feeling nostalgic right now. Throw in a smooth guest verse from Promise and you’ve got a new joint that’s delivers, and does it on Time. With music like this, it’s only a matter of Time before Jones’ truly blows up….sorry, got carried away with the puns there. Just know that while this record isn’t part of a larger project (yet), you can count on DJBooth to let you know as soon as one emerges.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/25/11
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.