Who’s up for a riddle? No one? Well too bad, you’re getting one anyway. What Grinds hard stones to meal / Slays king, ruins town / And beats high mountain down? For those not up on their Lord of the Rings references, or incapable of reading the title of this entry, the answer is, of course, Time. Far less dorky but no less invested in wordplay is Time, the latest single from T-Dot mainstay Miles Jones, who crafts an ode to that unstoppable force over a murky yet head-nodding self-produced beat. It’s the perfect stage for Jones to put in some seriously reminiscent rhyme work filled with nods to BK Knights and MC Hammer – I know my fellow ‘80s babies are feeling nostalgic right now. Throw in a smooth guest verse from Promise and you’ve got a new joint that’s delivers, and does it on Time. With music like this, it’s only a matter of Time before Jones’ truly blows up….sorry, got carried away with the puns there. Just know that while this record isn’t part of a larger project (yet), you can count on DJBooth to let you know as soon as one emerges.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/25/11
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.