I have some great news: not only has Miles Jones stepped into the Booth with a new single, but I’ve burned it to a CD so you can listen to it in the brand new Porsche sitting in your driveway. Psych—there’s no Porsche. But wasn’t it nice to think about? The T-Dot rapper/producer’s latest single is all about the Sweet Lies we tell to make each other feel better, particularly in the context of romantic relationships. Backed by a syncopated rhythm section and plaintive, pitch-shifted vocal samples (produced by Fameless), the rapper describes his struggle to keep up appearances despite the rift growing between him and his girl. Kayo and A-Jaxx provide moral support on the guest tip, and Aaron Alleyne directs the joint’s candid official visuals. Feeling it? You can find Sweet Lies and many more bangers on The Jones Act Part III, available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Canadian rhymesayer and producer Miles Jones has digitally released his latest studio album, The Miles Jones Experience: The Jones Act Part III. The follow-up to June's DJBooth-hosted Act So Strange EP, the project features...
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.