I have some great news: not only has Miles Jones stepped into the Booth with a new single, but I’ve burned it to a CD so you can listen to it in the brand new Porsche sitting in your driveway. Psych—there’s no Porsche. But wasn’t it nice to think about? The T-Dot rapper/producer’s latest single is all about the Sweet Lies we tell to make each other feel better, particularly in the context of romantic relationships. Backed by a syncopated rhythm section and plaintive, pitch-shifted vocal samples (produced by Fameless), the rapper describes his struggle to keep up appearances despite the rift growing between him and his girl. Kayo and A-Jaxx provide moral support on the guest tip, and Aaron Alleyne directs the joint’s candid official visuals. Feeling it? You can find Sweet Lies and many more bangers on The Jones Act Part III, available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.