I have some great news: not only has Miles Jones stepped into the Booth with a new single, but I’ve burned it to a CD so you can listen to it in the brand new Porsche sitting in your driveway. Psych—there’s no Porsche. But wasn’t it nice to think about? The T-Dot rapper/producer’s latest single is all about the Sweet Lies we tell to make each other feel better, particularly in the context of romantic relationships. Backed by a syncopated rhythm section and plaintive, pitch-shifted vocal samples (produced by Fameless), the rapper describes his struggle to keep up appearances despite the rift growing between him and his girl. Kayo and A-Jaxx provide moral support on the guest tip, and Aaron Alleyne directs the joint’s candid official visuals. Feeling it? You can find Sweet Lies and many more bangers on The Jones Act Part III, available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.