I have some great news: not only has Miles Jones stepped into the Booth with a new single, but I’ve burned it to a CD so you can listen to it in the brand new Porsche sitting in your driveway. Psych—there’s no Porsche. But wasn’t it nice to think about? The T-Dot rapper/producer’s latest single is all about the Sweet Lies we tell to make each other feel better, particularly in the context of romantic relationships. Backed by a syncopated rhythm section and plaintive, pitch-shifted vocal samples (produced by Fameless), the rapper describes his struggle to keep up appearances despite the rift growing between him and his girl. Kayo and A-Jaxx provide moral support on the guest tip, and Aaron Alleyne directs the joint’s candid official visuals. Feeling it? You can find Sweet Lies and many more bangers on The Jones Act Part III, available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.