I have some great news: not only has Miles Jones stepped into the Booth with a new single, but I’ve burned it to a CD so you can listen to it in the brand new Porsche sitting in your driveway. Psych—there’s no Porsche. But wasn’t it nice to think about? The T-Dot rapper/producer’s latest single is all about the Sweet Lies we tell to make each other feel better, particularly in the context of romantic relationships. Backed by a syncopated rhythm section and plaintive, pitch-shifted vocal samples (produced by Fameless), the rapper describes his struggle to keep up appearances despite the rift growing between him and his girl. Kayo and A-Jaxx provide moral support on the guest tip, and Aaron Alleyne directs the joint’s candid official visuals. Feeling it? You can find Sweet Lies and many more bangers on The Jones Act Part III, available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.