While many a rap record has described the grind’s incompatibility with romance, Miles Jones isn’t giving up on love without a fight. On Maybe Tomorrow, a freshly-released record off his next mixtape, the Canadian emcee struggles to patch up a relationship damaged by his careerism, praying that the desired reconciliation will come with the dawn of a new day. As usual, the artist paris his reflective, often abstract bars with some attention-grabbing production; this time around Joshua Sadlier-Brown does the honors, crafting an upbeat instrumental laced with 8-bit synth arpeggios. The Jones Act Part III is scheduled to drop October 23; in the meantime, fans can hear more on Miles’ recent, Booth-hosted EP, Act So Strange.
Written by richard on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.