Quoting books I’ve never read makes me feel like a high school English student with writer’s block, but, what the heck; this one couldn’t be more appropriate. In his Philosophical Dictionary, Voltaire wrote “We are rarely proud when we are alone,” and Booth newcomer Miles Jones can attest to that’s statement’s truth. On this new, remixed version of a single originally released back in April, the Toronto up-and-comer lets listeners in on a lesson he learned the hard way: though it’s “Never Too Late to say ‘I’m sorry,’” those too stubborn to apologize when wounds are fresh are liable to find themselves flying solo. Black Milk‘s tension-fraught blend of chopped samples and buzzing synth-bass sets a pensive mood as Jones and Nova Scotian rap vet Classified each give their take on hubris’ relationship-damaging consequences, and the introspective lyricism both bring to the cut should make this a hit with underground listeners on both sides of the border. The original version of Never Too Late will be included on the emcee’s forthcoming Runaway Jones LP, which will be released August 18th in Canada.
Written by richard on 06/11/09
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.