For a novel written in 1951, J.D. Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye has remained surprisingly fresh to this day. That’s not to say the high-school reading list staple couldn’t use a 21st Century update; on new promo single Catch Me in the Rye, T-Dot spitter Miles Jones reimagines himself as a contemporary Holden Caulfield, grappling with issues of identity, belonging and alienation over the pensive synth boardwork of Austin Dovercourt III. This cut isn’t attached to any project, but fans can stay tuned to The DJBooth for all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 12/14/11
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.