For a novel written in 1951, J.D. Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye has remained surprisingly fresh to this day. That’s not to say the high-school reading list staple couldn’t use a 21st Century update; on new promo single Catch Me in the Rye, T-Dot spitter Miles Jones reimagines himself as a contemporary Holden Caulfield, grappling with issues of identity, belonging and alienation over the pensive synth boardwork of Austin Dovercourt III. This cut isn’t attached to any project, but fans can stay tuned to The DJBooth for all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 12/14/11
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.