Forget everything you’ve heard about Miles Jones, because it’s All Lies. I mean, unless you’ve heard that he makes dope music… or that he’s from Toronto… or that he’s promoting an upcoming album. So, yeah… use your best judgment, I suppose? Whatever you choose to believe, you can take my word that his latest feature, single numero uno off his next street album, is well worth a listen. On this high-energy selection, frequent collaborator Austin Dovercourt III‘s crunchy electro-funk production thumps in the background as Jones rhymes about… well, I’m not entirely sure. While his bars range from the esoteric (He namedrops famed Toronto bargain store Honest Ed’s) to the totally ridiculous (“Honey’s not good if that sh*t’s not sticky / Sh*t’s not sticky if you’re not watchin’ Ricki [Lake].”), the combo of Dovercourt’s booty-shaking boardwork and Jones’ engaging vocal delivery should ensure listeners are too busy moving to the music to overthink things. Or have I got it twisted? If you like what you’re hearing, then stay tuned for the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of The Jones Act (Part III).
Listen to More: Miles Jones
Written by richard on 05/16/12
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.