Forget everything you’ve heard about Miles Jones, because it’s All Lies. I mean, unless you’ve heard that he makes dope music… or that he’s from Toronto… or that he’s promoting an upcoming album. So, yeah… use your best judgment, I suppose? Whatever you choose to believe, you can take my word that his latest feature, single numero uno off his next street album, is well worth a listen. On this high-energy selection, frequent collaborator Austin Dovercourt III‘s crunchy electro-funk production thumps in the background as Jones rhymes about… well, I’m not entirely sure. While his bars range from the esoteric (He namedrops famed Toronto bargain store Honest Ed’s) to the totally ridiculous (“Honey’s not good if that sh*t’s not sticky / Sh*t’s not sticky if you’re not watchin’ Ricki [Lake].”), the combo of Dovercourt’s booty-shaking boardwork and Jones’ engaging vocal delivery should ensure listeners are too busy moving to the music to overthink things. Or have I got it twisted? If you like what you’re hearing, then stay tuned for the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of The Jones Act (Part III).
Written by richard on 05/16/12
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.