Update: The Aaron Alleyne-directed visuals for Miles Jones’ All Lies single have been added.
Forget everything you’ve heard about Miles Jones, because it’s All Lies. I mean, unless you’ve heard that he makes dope music… or that he’s from Toronto… or that he’s promoting an upcoming album. So, yeah… use your best judgment, I suppose? Whatever you choose to believe, you can take my word that his latest feature, single numero uno off his next street album, is well worth a listen. On this high-energy selection, frequent collaborator Austin Dovercourt III‘s crunchy electro-funk production thumps in the background as Jones rhymes about… well, I’m not entirely sure. While his bars range from the esoteric (He namedrops famed Toronto bargain store Honest Ed’s) to the totally ridiculous (“Honey’s not good if that sh*t’s not sticky / Sh*t’s not sticky if you’re not watchin’ Ricki [Lake].”), the combo of Dovercourt’s booty-shaking boardwork and Jones’ engaging vocal delivery should ensure listeners are too busy moving to the music to overthink things. Or have I got it twisted? If you like what you’re hearing, then stay tuned for the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of The Jones Act (Part III).
Written by richard on 01/21/15
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.