Forget everything you’ve heard about Miles Jones, because it’s All Lies. I mean, unless you’ve heard that he makes dope music… or that he’s from Toronto… or that he’s promoting an upcoming album. So, yeah… use your best judgment, I suppose? Whatever you choose to believe, you can take my word that his latest feature, single numero uno off his next street album, is well worth a listen. On this high-energy selection, frequent collaborator Austin Dovercourt III‘s crunchy electro-funk production thumps in the background as Jones rhymes about… well, I’m not entirely sure. While his bars range from the esoteric (He namedrops famed Toronto bargain store Honest Ed’s) to the totally ridiculous (“Honey’s not good if that sh*t’s not sticky / Sh*t’s not sticky if you’re not watchin’ Ricki [Lake].”), the combo of Dovercourt’s booty-shaking boardwork and Jones’ engaging vocal delivery should ensure listeners are too busy moving to the music to overthink things. Or have I got it twisted? If you like what you’re hearing, then stay tuned for the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of The Jones Act (Part III).
Listen to More: Miles Jones
Written by richard on 05/16/12
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Too Late (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.