Here in The DJBooth, we feature the latest and greatest music from some of the biggest names in hip-hop. However, as much as we love that, we really love putting young up-and-comers right next to ‘em on the homepage. Helping talented newcomers achieve their goals is definitely a nice perk. Speaking of dreams, Booth newcomer Miles Gaines has plenty of ‘em, and he shares them with us on Tonight’s Anthem. Setting the mood on this feel-good cut, Cecil John creates a simple, upbeat instrumental perfect for Miles’s engaging bars. With the beat behind him, Miles spits about the dreams he’s achieved, as well as those he hopes to attain in the future. He rhymes with a youthful exuberance that makes you really root for him. His charismatic flow ain’t half bad, either! If you, too, are in Gaines’s corner, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/13/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.