Here in The DJBooth, we feature the latest and greatest music from some of the biggest names in hip-hop. However, as much as we love that, we really love putting young up-and-comers right next to ‘em on the homepage. Helping talented newcomers achieve their goals is definitely a nice perk. Speaking of dreams, Booth newcomer Miles Gaines has plenty of ‘em, and he shares them with us on Tonight’s Anthem. Setting the mood on this feel-good cut, Cecil John creates a simple, upbeat instrumental perfect for Miles’s engaging bars. With the beat behind him, Miles spits about the dreams he’s achieved, as well as those he hopes to attain in the future. He rhymes with a youthful exuberance that makes you really root for him. His charismatic flow ain’t half bad, either! If you, too, are in Gaines’s corner, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/13/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.