Songs about significant others are a dime a dozen, but when’s the last time you heard one dedicated to an artist’s best platonic friend? I can’t remember the last time I did, and I listen to a lot of f**king music. So it’s pretty damn refreshing to hear Motown singer/songwriter Mila J. take up that theme on her latest single and first Booth feature. Over DJ Mustard‘s keyboard arpeggios, hi-hat rolls and syncopated handclaps, the artist celebrates her bestie’s loyalty, toughness and style, proudly announcing, “That My Main one… yeah, she my ride or die.” Ty Dolla $ign gets a little freakier in his closing verse, which finds him paying tribute to the woman he wakes up next to every morning. This joint isn’t part of a larger set but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from this rising R&B songstress.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.