Songs about significant others are a dime a dozen, but when’s the last time you heard one dedicated to an artist’s best platonic friend? I can’t remember the last time I did, and I listen to a lot of f**king music. So it’s pretty damn refreshing to hear Motown singer/songwriter Mila J. take up that theme on her latest single and first Booth feature. Over DJ Mustard‘s keyboard arpeggios, hi-hat rolls and syncopated handclaps, the artist celebrates her bestie’s loyalty, toughness and style, proudly announcing, “That My Main one… yeah, she my ride or die.” Ty Dolla $ign gets a little freakier in his closing verse, which finds him paying tribute to the woman he wakes up next to every morning. This joint isn’t part of a larger set but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from this rising R&B songstress.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)