Songs about significant others are a dime a dozen, but when’s the last time you heard one dedicated to an artist’s best platonic friend? I can’t remember the last time I did, and I listen to a lot of f**king music. So it’s pretty damn refreshing to hear Motown singer/songwriter Mila J. take up that theme on her latest single and first Booth feature. Over DJ Mustard‘s keyboard arpeggios, hi-hat rolls and syncopated handclaps, the artist celebrates her bestie’s loyalty, toughness and style, proudly announcing, “That My Main one… yeah, she my ride or die.” Ty Dolla $ign gets a little freakier in his closing verse, which finds him paying tribute to the woman he wakes up next to every morning. This joint isn’t part of a larger set but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from this rising R&B songstress.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.