There is not much you can do to throw Booth newcomer Mikky Ekko off his game. You could try and knock him off the course for stardom, but he already has too much steam generated. On Pull Me Down, however, the Nashville native reveal his Kryptonite; falling in love and getting yanked down or swept off his feet by his girl. Although the single has been available on iTunes since October, Ekko gives a record the visual treatment in anticipation of his forthcoming EP, now less than a week away from release. Slowly picking up the pieces from what looks like a big fight, Ekko draws you in with a vulnerable, flowing, heartfelt vocal performance, which is backed by a shrouded Clams Casino production. For more engaging, emotional cuts, check out the RCA Records artist’s Tracks EP, available on iTunes this Sunday evening.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/6/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.