There is not much you can do to throw Booth newcomer Mikky Ekko off his game. You could try and knock him off the course for stardom, but he already has too much steam generated. On Pull Me Down, however, the Nashville native reveal his Kryptonite; falling in love and getting yanked down or swept off his feet by his girl. Although the single has been available on iTunes since October, Ekko gives a record the visual treatment in anticipation of his forthcoming EP, now less than a week away from release. Slowly picking up the pieces from what looks like a big fight, Ekko draws you in with a vulnerable, flowing, heartfelt vocal performance, which is backed by a shrouded Clams Casino production. For more engaging, emotional cuts, check out the RCA Records artist’s Tracks EP, available on iTunes this Sunday evening.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/6/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.