There is not much you can do to throw Booth newcomer Mikky Ekko off his game. You could try and knock him off the course for stardom, but he already has too much steam generated. On Pull Me Down, however, the Nashville native reveal his Kryptonite; falling in love and getting yanked down or swept off his feet by his girl. Although the single has been available on iTunes since October, Ekko gives a record the visual treatment in anticipation of his forthcoming EP, now less than a week away from release. Slowly picking up the pieces from what looks like a big fight, Ekko draws you in with a vulnerable, flowing, heartfelt vocal performance, which is backed by a shrouded Clams Casino production. For more engaging, emotional cuts, check out the RCA Records artist’s Tracks EP, available on iTunes this Sunday evening.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/6/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.