Here in the Booth, we’re celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day by continuing to bring you the quality music you’ve come to expect from our pages. Mikkey Halsted? He’s honoring the holiday by chowing down on some delicious Salmon Crouquettes. I’m not sure what fried fish has to do with the Civil Rights Movement, either, but those craving some lyrical nourishment will most definitely find it on this new promo single. When he’s not waxing poetic about quality kush and mouth-watering cuisine, Halsted drops some serious knowledge, reflecting on the ways in which social, economic and religious institutions have failed the African-American community and relating his personal aspirations to the dream MLK described in his most famous speech. Fellow Windy City mainstay No I.D. crafts a tuneful, soul-sampled backdrop for his insightful bars. Fans will be able to find Salmon Crouquettes and much more on Mikkey Halsted’s BulletProof Dreams LP, scheduled for independent release March 3.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.