Here in the Booth, we’re celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day by continuing to bring you the quality music you’ve come to expect from our pages. Mikkey Halsted? He’s honoring the holiday by chowing down on some delicious Salmon Crouquettes. I’m not sure what fried fish has to do with the Civil Rights Movement, either, but those craving some lyrical nourishment will most definitely find it on this new promo single. When he’s not waxing poetic about quality kush and mouth-watering cuisine, Halsted drops some serious knowledge, reflecting on the ways in which social, economic and religious institutions have failed the African-American community and relating his personal aspirations to the dream MLK described in his most famous speech. Fellow Windy City mainstay No I.D. crafts a tuneful, soul-sampled backdrop for his insightful bars. Fans will be able to find Salmon Crouquettes and much more on Mikkey Halsted’s BulletProof Dreams LP, scheduled for independent release March 3.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.