Here in the Booth, we’re celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day by continuing to bring you the quality music you’ve come to expect from our pages. Mikkey Halsted? He’s honoring the holiday by chowing down on some delicious Salmon Crouquettes. I’m not sure what fried fish has to do with the Civil Rights Movement, either, but those craving some lyrical nourishment will most definitely find it on this new promo single. When he’s not waxing poetic about quality kush and mouth-watering cuisine, Halsted drops some serious knowledge, reflecting on the ways in which social, economic and religious institutions have failed the African-American community and relating his personal aspirations to the dream MLK described in his most famous speech. Fellow Windy City mainstay No I.D. crafts a tuneful, soul-sampled backdrop for his insightful bars. Fans will be able to find Salmon Crouquettes and much more on Mikkey Halsted’s BulletProof Dreams LP, scheduled for independent release March 3.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)