Here in the Booth, we’re celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. Day by continuing to bring you the quality music you’ve come to expect from our pages. Mikkey Halsted? He’s honoring the holiday by chowing down on some delicious Salmon Crouquettes. I’m not sure what fried fish has to do with the Civil Rights Movement, either, but those craving some lyrical nourishment will most definitely find it on this new promo single. When he’s not waxing poetic about quality kush and mouth-watering cuisine, Halsted drops some serious knowledge, reflecting on the ways in which social, economic and religious institutions have failed the African-American community and relating his personal aspirations to the dream MLK described in his most famous speech. Fellow Windy City mainstay No I.D. crafts a tuneful, soul-sampled backdrop for his insightful bars. Fans will be able to find Salmon Crouquettes and much more on Mikkey Halsted’s BulletProof Dreams LP, scheduled for independent release March 3.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.