For several months, we’ve been bombarded with emails from our readers asking when we would begin to feature holiday tunes. While we have received a fair share of Santa-inspired material, nothing caught our ears… until today. Courtesy of DJBooth affiliate DJ Moondawg and his 12 Freestyles of Christmas series, we bring you Chicagoan Mikkey Halsted‘s No Christmas freestyle. Over a beat from producers Rio and Jamal, Halsted explains that he doesn’t celebrate Christmas and doesn’t understand what all the holiday fuss is for; with our economy in shambles and job losses increasing every month, “it’s not about Jesus, it’s about your god damn gifts.” So open your ears and get in tune, stupid… this is one stocking full of coald-hard rhymes.
Listen to More: Mikkey Halsted
Written by DJ Z on 12/19/08
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.