For several months, we’ve been bombarded with emails from our readers asking when we would begin to feature holiday tunes. While we have received a fair share of Santa-inspired material, nothing caught our ears… until today. Courtesy of DJBooth affiliate DJ Moondawg and his 12 Freestyles of Christmas series, we bring you Chicagoan Mikkey Halsted‘s No Christmas freestyle. Over a beat from producers Rio and Jamal, Halsted explains that he doesn’t celebrate Christmas and doesn’t understand what all the holiday fuss is for; with our economy in shambles and job losses increasing every month, “it’s not about Jesus, it’s about your god damn gifts.” So open your ears and get in tune, stupid… this is one stocking full of coald-hard rhymes.
Listen to More: Mikkey Halsted
Written by DJ Z on 12/19/08
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.