For several months, we’ve been bombarded with emails from our readers asking when we would begin to feature holiday tunes. While we have received a fair share of Santa-inspired material, nothing caught our ears… until today. Courtesy of DJBooth affiliate DJ Moondawg and his 12 Freestyles of Christmas series, we bring you Chicagoan Mikkey Halsted‘s No Christmas freestyle. Over a beat from producers Rio and Jamal, Halsted explains that he doesn’t celebrate Christmas and doesn’t understand what all the holiday fuss is for; with our economy in shambles and job losses increasing every month, “it’s not about Jesus, it’s about your god damn gifts.” So open your ears and get in tune, stupid… this is one stocking full of coald-hard rhymes.
Written by DJ Z on 12/19/08
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)