For several months, we’ve been bombarded with emails from our readers asking when we would begin to feature holiday tunes. While we have received a fair share of Santa-inspired material, nothing caught our ears… until today. Courtesy of DJBooth affiliate DJ Moondawg and his 12 Freestyles of Christmas series, we bring you Chicagoan Mikkey Halsted‘s No Christmas freestyle. Over a beat from producers Rio and Jamal, Halsted explains that he doesn’t celebrate Christmas and doesn’t understand what all the holiday fuss is for; with our economy in shambles and job losses increasing every month, “it’s not about Jesus, it’s about your god damn gifts.” So open your ears and get in tune, stupid… this is one stocking full of coald-hard rhymes.
Listen to More: Mikkey Halsted
Written by DJ Z on 12/19/08
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.