For several months, we’ve been bombarded with emails from our readers asking when we would begin to feature holiday tunes. While we have received a fair share of Santa-inspired material, nothing caught our ears… until today. Courtesy of DJBooth affiliate DJ Moondawg and his 12 Freestyles of Christmas series, we bring you Chicagoan Mikkey Halsted‘s No Christmas freestyle. Over a beat from producers Rio and Jamal, Halsted explains that he doesn’t celebrate Christmas and doesn’t understand what all the holiday fuss is for; with our economy in shambles and job losses increasing every month, “it’s not about Jesus, it’s about your god damn gifts.” So open your ears and get in tune, stupid… this is one stocking full of coald-hard rhymes.
Written by DJ Z on 12/19/08
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.