Chi-Town wordsmith Mikkey Halsted‘s mother must have been in his ear like a pair of Beats By Dre headphones for him to churn out the immensely dope record that is Momma In My Ear. Halsted works his way around the record with his expected lyrical vigor as he raps, “I did the knowledge, I hope these cowards is read up / Funerals get expensive I hope that you got your bread up.” Adding to the heavy lyrical arsenal on the Young Chop-produced Momma In My Ear is Virginia’s own Pusha T, who concludes the song with an equally noteworthy verse of his own. Momma In My Ear will be featured on the Don Cannon-hosted Castro mixtape, which will be released on August 8.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/2/12
Chicago emcee and longtime Booth regular Mikkey Halsted has released his brand new project, Castro, which includes previous song releases "Weak MF," "Momma In My Ear" and "Obamanomics." The Don Cannon-presented street album...
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.