Chi-Town wordsmith Mikkey Halsted‘s mother must have been in his ear like a pair of Beats By Dre headphones for him to churn out the immensely dope record that is Momma In My Ear. Halsted works his way around the record with his expected lyrical vigor as he raps, “I did the knowledge, I hope these cowards is read up / Funerals get expensive I hope that you got your bread up.” Adding to the heavy lyrical arsenal on the Young Chop-produced Momma In My Ear is Virginia’s own Pusha T, who concludes the song with an equally noteworthy verse of his own. Momma In My Ear will be featured on the Don Cannon-hosted Castro mixtape, which will be released on August 8.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/2/12
Chicago emcee and longtime Booth regular Mikkey Halsted has released his brand new project, Castro, which includes previous song releases "Weak MF," "Momma In My Ear" and "Obamanomics." The Don Cannon-presented street album...
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.