With the summer heat and humidity quickly rolling in, breathable fabrics like Linen are a must for the fashion and climate-conscious individual. Of course, physical comfort is only one-half of the equation when it comes to keeping cool – there’s also the matter of cultivating a chill mindstate with some appropriate warm-weather music. If you’re in search of the latter, Mikkey Halsted‘s got you covered like bedsheets on his latest single, a swanky banger on which Tha Bizness’ breezy synth grooves set the stages for verses brimming with self-assured braggadocio and laid-back pillow talk. Halsted plays Mafia don on the front, expressing a magnanimous attitude towards his friends (especially females) but warning those who would take advantage of his generosity not to get it twisted: “Don’t take my kindness for weakness / My squad is heavily-armed.” Speaking of twisted, Twista assists on the middle verse, imbuing the cut with his trademark blend of lightning-fast flows and unflappable smoothness. Halsted’s forthcoming full-length has yet to receive a title or drop date, but those digging Linen can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 05/24/11
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.