Although Mikkey Halsted’s heart will always beat with the soul of Chicago, the veteran emcee’s currently hunkered down in L.A. working on his new album and the results are proving to be as ambitious as the City of Angels itself. Coming on the heels of previous alliterative release, Money Makin Mikkey, new single I Got It is a lightly bouncing affair that find Mikkey’s frequent production partner The Legendary Traxster crafting a softly bouncing, romantically tinged beat that’s pairs nicely with a conversational hook from singer Tia London. Assuring Tia that he’s more of a man than the boys who previously wasted her time, Halsted promises that he’ll provide that special someone with everything she needs, both physically, emotionally and fashionably: “That’s why I give you my last / stack for the shoes, three stacks for the bag.” Sounds pretty damn good to me ladies. While we’re still awaiting a release date on Mikkey’s upcoming album, The Force, if I Got It becomes the hit it’s so obviously aiming to be I’m sure we’ll find the album arriving sooner than later.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/11/12
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.