Although Mikkey Halsted’s heart will always beat with the soul of Chicago, the veteran emcee’s currently hunkered down in L.A. working on his new album and the results are proving to be as ambitious as the City of Angels itself. Coming on the heels of previous alliterative release, Money Makin Mikkey, new single I Got It is a lightly bouncing affair that find Mikkey’s frequent production partner The Legendary Traxster crafting a softly bouncing, romantically tinged beat that’s pairs nicely with a conversational hook from singer Tia London. Assuring Tia that he’s more of a man than the boys who previously wasted her time, Halsted promises that he’ll provide that special someone with everything she needs, both physically, emotionally and fashionably: “That’s why I give you my last / stack for the shoes, three stacks for the bag.” Sounds pretty damn good to me ladies. While we’re still awaiting a release date on Mikkey’s upcoming album, The Force, if I Got It becomes the hit it’s so obviously aiming to be I’m sure we’ll find the album arriving sooner than later.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/11/12
Fresh off the August release of his Castro tape, Mikkey Halsted has already dropped his next full-length collection of original material. A collaboration with Chicago native and local music icon The Legendary Traxster,...
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)