On March 24, Stadium Entertainment is teaming up with the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum to release compilation album True To The Game, Vol. 1; distributed by Fontana/Universal, it features various potential “at-bat” anthems, four of which (Beam Me Up, Big Screen, Pretty Girl, and Don’t Know How To Act) have been featured on this very site. On the latest cut to hit our front page, Chi-town rapper Mikkey Halsted is in the club, trying to pick up a woman who stands out from the pack—in fact, he’s struggling with the temptation to break the player code’s Sweetest Taboo and take her as his wife. Featuring smooth hook/bridge vocals from Klass and a synth-whistle beat by Chi-Town hip-hop godfather No I.D., Sweetest Taboo is sure to sound even better during the coming summer nights—try turning it on just as the stars begin to twinkle, and the fireflies and crickets come out to play.
Listen to More: Mikkey Halsted
Written by Burmy on 03/18/09
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.