On March 24, Stadium Entertainment is teaming up with the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum to release compilation album True To The Game, Vol. 1; distributed by Fontana/Universal, it features various potential “at-bat” anthems, four of which (Beam Me Up, Big Screen, Pretty Girl, and Don’t Know How To Act) have been featured on this very site. On the latest cut to hit our front page, Chi-town rapper Mikkey Halsted is in the club, trying to pick up a woman who stands out from the pack—in fact, he’s struggling with the temptation to break the player code’s Sweetest Taboo and take her as his wife. Featuring smooth hook/bridge vocals from Klass and a synth-whistle beat by Chi-Town hip-hop godfather No I.D., Sweetest Taboo is sure to sound even better during the coming summer nights—try turning it on just as the stars begin to twinkle, and the fireflies and crickets come out to play.
Written by Burmy on 03/18/09
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.