If you’re a Chicago native, you probably understand exactly what Mikkey Halsted means when he asks an obliging female to Just Juke. For the rest of us, a quick trip to urbandictionary.com provides an unsurprising answer (it’s basically grinding). This brand new record is Chi-Town through and through, even featuring a minimal, 808-driven beat courtesy of the “Godfather of Chicago Hip-Hop” and Kanye West‘s musical mentor, No ID, but that’s not to say that outsiders won’t appreciate what it has to offer; both Halsted and G.O.O.D. Music guest artist GLC turn in jukeworthy verses. If Just Juke leaves you hungry for more new music from the Windy City, you’re in luck, since forthcoming mixtape The Chicagorilla Ape Tape (Vol. 1), presented by Andrew Barber’s Chicago hip-hop blog, Fake Shore Drive, is set to bring listeners plenty more dope material from the best and brightest local talent.
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.