If you’re a Chicago native, you probably understand exactly what Mikkey Halsted means when he asks an obliging female to Just Juke. For the rest of us, a quick trip to urbandictionary.com provides an unsurprising answer (it’s basically grinding). This brand new record is Chi-Town through and through, even featuring a minimal, 808-driven beat courtesy of the “Godfather of Chicago Hip-Hop” and Kanye West‘s musical mentor, No ID, but that’s not to say that outsiders won’t appreciate what it has to offer; both Halsted and G.O.O.D. Music guest artist GLC turn in jukeworthy verses. If Just Juke leaves you hungry for more new music from the Windy City, you’re in luck, since forthcoming mixtape The Chicagorilla Ape Tape (Vol. 1), presented by Andrew Barber’s Chicago hip-hop blog, Fake Shore Drive, is set to bring listeners plenty more dope material from the best and brightest local talent.
Written by richard on 01/15/09
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.