If you’re a Chicago native, you probably understand exactly what Mikkey Halsted means when he asks an obliging female to Just Juke. For the rest of us, a quick trip to urbandictionary.com provides an unsurprising answer (it’s basically grinding). This brand new record is Chi-Town through and through, even featuring a minimal, 808-driven beat courtesy of the “Godfather of Chicago Hip-Hop” and Kanye West‘s musical mentor, No ID, but that’s not to say that outsiders won’t appreciate what it has to offer; both Halsted and G.O.O.D. Music guest artist GLC turn in jukeworthy verses. If Just Juke leaves you hungry for more new music from the Windy City, you’re in luck, since forthcoming mixtape The Chicagorilla Ape Tape (Vol. 1), presented by Andrew Barber’s Chicago hip-hop blog, Fake Shore Drive, is set to bring listeners plenty more dope material from the best and brightest local talent.
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!