If you’re a Chicago native, you probably understand exactly what Mikkey Halsted means when he asks an obliging female to Just Juke. For the rest of us, a quick trip to urbandictionary.com provides an unsurprising answer (it’s basically grinding). This brand new record is Chi-Town through and through, even featuring a minimal, 808-driven beat courtesy of the “Godfather of Chicago Hip-Hop” and Kanye West‘s musical mentor, No ID, but that’s not to say that outsiders won’t appreciate what it has to offer; both Halsted and G.O.O.D. Music guest artist GLC turn in jukeworthy verses. If Just Juke leaves you hungry for more new music from the Windy City, you’re in luck, since forthcoming mixtape The Chicagorilla Ape Tape (Vol. 1), presented by Andrew Barber’s Chicago hip-hop blog, Fake Shore Drive, is set to bring listeners plenty more dope material from the best and brightest local talent.
Written by richard on 01/15/09
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)