The history of Chicago is the history of overcoming difficulty to achieve greatness. The Great Chicago Fire of 1871 burned the city to the ground, but from those ashes it emerged as one of the greatest cities in the U.S., and Chi-Town emcee Mikkey Halsted’s career echoes his native city’s history. Previously signed to Cash Money and Virgin Records at various times, Mikkey is now continuing to build his career with his own two hands on new single First Class. With quick, snapping drums and eerie strings courtesy of aptly-named producer Prolyfic, Mikkey lets his boast-filled verses fly high, letting his competitors know that he’s simply on a different level, or better yet, being served champagne in First Class while the rest are scavenging for peanuts back in coach: “Mikkey’s getting a massage…you’re in between two fat dudes and they won’t even give you a pillow.” Halsted will come one step closer in his quest to truly join Chicago’s elite hip-hop ranks when his upcoming album DarkRoom drops October 26. Will you be on flying with him on First Class?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/19/10
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chi Sh*t" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.