With the way Chicago’s South Side has churned out rappers in the last decade, including Kanye, Common, and Rhymefest, it must be confusing itself with New York or L.A. For the sake of hip-hop, I vote that we let it stay confused. The newest emcee from the Windy City is Mikkey Halsted, a former Kanye protégé with an unmatched passion for his hometown. Chi Sh*t, a track from his debut album, Chicago: The Photo Album, is all about why his city is better than yours. If you take a look at the industry today, can you really argue with him? Helping him out on the beat is fellow South Sider No I.D. Halsted may not be the next big thing, but you’ve got to admire his Chi-town pride. Run for your headphones, world; the Midwest has officially blown up.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Christmas (Freestyle)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.