With the way Chicago’s South Side has churned out rappers in the last decade, including Kanye, Common, and Rhymefest, it must be confusing itself with New York or L.A. For the sake of hip-hop, I vote that we let it stay confused. The newest emcee from the Windy City is Mikkey Halsted, a former Kanye protégé with an unmatched passion for his hometown. Chi Sh*t, a track from his debut album, Chicago: The Photo Album, is all about why his city is better than yours. If you take a look at the industry today, can you really argue with him? Helping him out on the beat is fellow South Sider No I.D. Halsted may not be the next big thing, but you’ve got to admire his Chi-town pride. Run for your headphones, world; the Midwest has officially blown up.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Christmas (Freestyle)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.