With the way Chicago’s South Side has churned out rappers in the last decade, including Kanye, Common, and Rhymefest, it must be confusing itself with New York or L.A. For the sake of hip-hop, I vote that we let it stay confused. The newest emcee from the Windy City is Mikkey Halsted, a former Kanye protégé with an unmatched passion for his hometown. Chi Sh*t, a track from his debut album, Chicago: The Photo Album, is all about why his city is better than yours. If you take a look at the industry today, can you really argue with him? Helping him out on the beat is fellow South Sider No I.D. Halsted may not be the next big thing, but you’ve got to admire his Chi-town pride. Run for your headphones, world; the Midwest has officially blown up.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
Uncrowned City/Rich Kidz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Christmas (Freestyle)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.