If I was able to call a superhero whenever I wanted, I’d never stop ringing. (“Uh, Hello? Yeah, I need to get picked up from campus again. Next to the food court, thanks.”) While I’m sure that’d eventually get aggravating, Mikey Rocks might let me ride in the batmobile when I dial his Bat Phone. You can always expect Rocks to showcase something original whenever he does work as a member of the Cool Kids, and he doesn’t disappoint today with his first solo feature on the Booth. The Produktonix & Tall Black Guy push a beat that would make an insomniac drowsy, but Rocks manages to bring the listener back from the lethargic state enough to enjoy his brand of smooth wordplay that has made the Cool Kids a hip-hop staple. If you liked this sleepy superhero track, be sure to keep a lookout for Mikey; he reportedly recorded a number of new tracks with The Produktonix, some of which are due to leak this week. Could a new album be far behind?
Written by Sigurd on 08/2/10
Submit your Rating
One Off Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly Out (Part Tres)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.