Some songs are good for more than a few listens, while others has a much more abbreviated shelf life. Mikey Marriott’s DJBooth debut? I think its safe to say it will be good Forever After. Powering the track is a lively beat from producer Canvas, who chops up a colorful vocal sample and loops it over an interesting synth-driven arrangement. This is topped off with a rather a slick outro, which features some vintage scratching over a violin; something you don’t hear too often. Marriott definitely carries his weight, though, showcasing a genuine, passionate flow, used to reminisce on how far he has already come, while keeping an eye on the future. If Forever After is your cup of tea, I recommend sipping on the Miami native’s (very) soon to be released album, Trinity, out tomorrow.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.