Some songs are good for more than a few listens, while others has a much more abbreviated shelf life. Mikey Marriott’s DJBooth debut? I think its safe to say it will be good Forever After. Powering the track is a lively beat from producer Canvas, who chops up a colorful vocal sample and loops it over an interesting synth-driven arrangement. This is topped off with a rather a slick outro, which features some vintage scratching over a violin; something you don’t hear too often. Marriott definitely carries his weight, though, showcasing a genuine, passionate flow, used to reminisce on how far he has already come, while keeping an eye on the future. If Forever After is your cup of tea, I recommend sipping on the Miami native’s (very) soon to be released album, Trinity, out tomorrow.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.