Some songs are good for more than a few listens, while others has a much more abbreviated shelf life. Mikey Marriott’s DJBooth debut? I think its safe to say it will be good Forever After. Powering the track is a lively beat from producer Canvas, who chops up a colorful vocal sample and loops it over an interesting synth-driven arrangement. This is topped off with a rather a slick outro, which features some vintage scratching over a violin; something you don’t hear too often. Marriott definitely carries his weight, though, showcasing a genuine, passionate flow, used to reminisce on how far he has already come, while keeping an eye on the future. If Forever After is your cup of tea, I recommend sipping on the Miami native’s (very) soon to be released album, Trinity, out tomorrow.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.