Some songs are good for more than a few listens, while others has a much more abbreviated shelf life. Mikey Marriott’s DJBooth debut? I think its safe to say it will be good Forever After. Powering the track is a lively beat from producer Canvas, who chops up a colorful vocal sample and loops it over an interesting synth-driven arrangement. This is topped off with a rather a slick outro, which features some vintage scratching over a violin; something you don’t hear too often. Marriott definitely carries his weight, though, showcasing a genuine, passionate flow, used to reminisce on how far he has already come, while keeping an eye on the future. If Forever After is your cup of tea, I recommend sipping on the Miami native’s (very) soon to be released album, Trinity, out tomorrow.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)