Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off reader-approved debut feature Times Up back in February 2012, dead prez DJ-turned-solo rap buzzmaker mikeflo makes his long-awaited return to the Booth with new single 24K. On this freshly-minted promo cut, beatsmith Tony Baines gritty “overground” production sets the stage for characteristically fiery bars from the Chi-town repper, who comes with a potent mix of revolutionary rhetoric and full-on lyrical aggression. Sol Messiah labelmate and budding Booth fave SA-ROC guests, turning in a 16 liberally spiced with alliteration and internal rhyme (“Peep how lavishly I rap, slathering ad-libs on stacks / Buttery rhymes giving gluttons a heart attack”). Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this joint is unattached to any larger set, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from both collaborators.
Sol Messiah Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Times Up" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.