Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off reader-approved debut feature Times Up back in February 2012, dead prez DJ-turned-solo rap buzzmaker mikeflo makes his long-awaited return to the Booth with new single 24K. On this freshly-minted promo cut, beatsmith Tony Baines gritty “overground” production sets the stage for characteristically fiery bars from the Chi-town repper, who comes with a potent mix of revolutionary rhetoric and full-on lyrical aggression. Sol Messiah labelmate and budding Booth fave SA-ROC guests, turning in a 16 liberally spiced with alliteration and internal rhyme (“Peep how lavishly I rap, slathering ad-libs on stacks / Buttery rhymes giving gluttons a heart attack”). Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this joint is unattached to any larger set, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from both collaborators.
Written by richard on 02/25/14
Sol Messiah Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Times Up" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.