Not glimpsed on our pages since dropping off reader-approved debut feature Times Up back in February 2012, dead prez DJ-turned-solo rap buzzmaker mikeflo makes his long-awaited return to the Booth with new single 24K. On this freshly-minted promo cut, beatsmith Tony Baines gritty “overground” production sets the stage for characteristically fiery bars from the Chi-town repper, who comes with a potent mix of revolutionary rhetoric and full-on lyrical aggression. Sol Messiah labelmate and budding Booth fave SA-ROC guests, turning in a 16 liberally spiced with alliteration and internal rhyme (“Peep how lavishly I rap, slathering ad-libs on stacks / Buttery rhymes giving gluttons a heart attack”). Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this joint is unattached to any larger set, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from both collaborators.
Written by richard on 02/25/14
Submit your Rating
Sol Messiah Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Times Up" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.