Last week, superproducer Mike WiLL Made It announced plans for his fourth solo mixtape, #MikeWiLLBeenTriLL. What can fans expect from the forthcoming set? Two words: polka medleys. Nah, just kidding; if freshly-minted lead single Whippin’ a Brick is a clear indication, it’ll pack all the trunk-rattling trap beats and grimy block talk fans have come to expect. Here, Mike’s ominous synth-orchestral grooves back lyrical contributions from Pittsburgh heavyweight Wiz Khalifa and North Atlanta rap trio Migos, the latter of whom also deliver the joint’s shouted hook. Featuring this cut as well as collaborations with and Jay-Z, Future, 2 Chainz and ScHoolboy Q (to name a few), the headliner’s next street album has yet to receive a solid release date, but is projected to drop “around Christmas.”
Written by richard on 11/13/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who F*ccin’ Wit Me" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)