Last week, superproducer Mike WiLL Made It announced plans for his fourth solo mixtape, #MikeWiLLBeenTriLL. What can fans expect from the forthcoming set? Two words: polka medleys. Nah, just kidding; if freshly-minted lead single Whippin’ a Brick is a clear indication, it’ll pack all the trunk-rattling trap beats and grimy block talk fans have come to expect. Here, Mike’s ominous synth-orchestral grooves back lyrical contributions from Pittsburgh heavyweight Wiz Khalifa and North Atlanta rap trio Migos, the latter of whom also deliver the joint’s shouted hook. Featuring this cut as well as collaborations with and Jay-Z, Future, 2 Chainz and ScHoolboy Q (to name a few), the headliner’s next street album has yet to receive a solid release date, but is projected to drop “around Christmas.”
Written by richard on 11/13/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who F*ccin’ Wit Me" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.