Though recent debuts from Mike WiLL Made It (I Hit That) and Trinidad James (Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)) failed to excite listeners in The DJBooth, the fact remains that, at this very moment, they’re buzzing harder than just about any other rising producer and artist in the game. If I were an MBA, I’d say I saw the potential for some serious synergy. Not one to pass up such a golden opportunity, WiLL enlists the A-Town representative to wild out over his chaotic, bass-heavy street boardwork on new mixtape single That Turn Up. The result is unlikely to win over the critics, but for those who dig the artists’ respective styles, it’s a match made in heaven. Mike’s Est. In 1989 2.5 street album is scheduled for digital release on Christmas Eve, and fans can hear plenty more from Trinidad James on Don’t Be S.A.F.E., out as of mid-October.
Written by richard on 12/10/12
Producer Mike WiLL Made It has released the third installment of his Est. In 1989 mixtape series, Part 2.5. The new DJ Drama-hosted, 25-track street album is a mixture of brand new exclusive records (11 in total), alongside...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who F*ccin’ Wit Me" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.