Though recent debuts from Mike WiLL Made It (I Hit That) and Trinidad James (Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)) failed to excite listeners in The DJBooth, the fact remains that, at this very moment, they’re buzzing harder than just about any other rising producer and artist in the game. If I were an MBA, I’d say I saw the potential for some serious synergy. Not one to pass up such a golden opportunity, WiLL enlists the A-Town representative to wild out over his chaotic, bass-heavy street boardwork on new mixtape single That Turn Up. The result is unlikely to win over the critics, but for those who dig the artists’ respective styles, it’s a match made in heaven. Mike’s Est. In 1989 2.5 street album is scheduled for digital release on Christmas Eve, and fans can hear plenty more from Trinidad James on Don’t Be S.A.F.E., out as of mid-October.
Written by richard on 12/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who F*ccin’ Wit Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.