Though recent debuts from Mike WiLL Made It (I Hit That) and Trinidad James (Females Welcomed (Enferno Remix)) failed to excite listeners in The DJBooth, the fact remains that, at this very moment, they’re buzzing harder than just about any other rising producer and artist in the game. If I were an MBA, I’d say I saw the potential for some serious synergy. Not one to pass up such a golden opportunity, WiLL enlists the A-Town representative to wild out over his chaotic, bass-heavy street boardwork on new mixtape single That Turn Up. The result is unlikely to win over the critics, but for those who dig the artists’ respective styles, it’s a match made in heaven. Mike’s Est. In 1989 2.5 street album is scheduled for digital release on Christmas Eve, and fans can hear plenty more from Trinidad James on Don’t Be S.A.F.E., out as of mid-October.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who F*ccin’ Wit Me" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!