I’m not sure how old DJBooth newcomer Mike Taylor is, but something tells me he either grew up in the 80’s or has seen every cult classic 80’s movie known to man, because DWNTWN KDS sounds like something straight out of The Breakfast Club. Even the song’s newly-released video, directed by Taylor himself, looks to be straight from the 80’s, with Taylor and his crew decked out in 80’s gear, taking to the streets of Philly (his hometown). As they paint the town red, producer Bleu’s bubbly, synth powered beat shuffles as Taylor’s upbeat, smooth vocals add to an already well-established retro vibe. DWNTWN KDS is not attached to anything larger, but you can grab it up on iTunes as of February 11.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/28/13
Submit your Rating
Fast Plastic Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.