I’m not sure how old DJBooth newcomer Mike Taylor is, but something tells me he either grew up in the 80’s or has seen every cult classic 80’s movie known to man, because DWNTWN KDS sounds like something straight out of The Breakfast Club. Even the song’s newly-released video, directed by Taylor himself, looks to be straight from the 80’s, with Taylor and his crew decked out in 80’s gear, taking to the streets of Philly (his hometown). As they paint the town red, producer Bleu’s bubbly, synth powered beat shuffles as Taylor’s upbeat, smooth vocals add to an already well-established retro vibe. DWNTWN KDS is not attached to anything larger, but you can grab it up on iTunes as of February 11.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/28/13
Submit your Rating
Fast Plastic Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.