The title of Mike Stud’s latest effort, Young King, might leave a bad taste in the mouths of Game of Thrones fans, as King Joffrey, also a young king, is one of the most deplorable characters on television. With his RELIEF album hitting the top spot on the Billboard Heatseeker Album Chart (#40 overall), it looks like Stud’s reign is just beginning but, thankfully, he is more Stark than Lannister. Johnny Rain and Luke Walker’s boardwork is interesting; the duo cook up a muffled, bare-bones instrumental that complements Stud’s hybrid style. Atop the beat, the emcee reflects on his newfound success and the lifestyle that goes with it, showcasing both his charismatic flow and an intoxicating, catchy singing voice. Want more regal cuts? You’ll find what you seek on debut full-length RELIEF, available now for digital purchase.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.