The title of Mike Stud’s latest effort, Young King, might leave a bad taste in the mouths of Game of Thrones fans, as King Joffrey, also a young king, is one of the most deplorable characters on television. With his RELIEF album hitting the top spot on the Billboard Heatseeker Album Chart (#40 overall), it looks like Stud’s reign is just beginning but, thankfully, he is more Stark than Lannister. Johnny Rain and Luke Walker’s boardwork is interesting; the duo cook up a muffled, bare-bones instrumental that complements Stud’s hybrid style. Atop the beat, the emcee reflects on his newfound success and the lifestyle that goes with it, showcasing both his charismatic flow and an intoxicating, catchy singing voice. Want more regal cuts? You’ll find what you seek on debut full-length RELIEF, available now for digital purchase.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.