I can’t speak to your tastes, but smooth vocals that are used to paint vivid pictures over a simple yet effective guitar-reliant beat is Perfect For Me. Good thing Mike Stud has all that and more on his brand new single. The Rhode Island native tracks the progression of his relationship with a hipster chick, who judging from the song’s video, is definitely wifey material. With Julkeyz‘s summery production behind him, Stud showcases how his muse inspires him with some dope wordplay like “We be going Mia Hamm in bed/word to Nomar” or the A$AP/Chainz-like line “too f**king young for all that/were just young and f**king”. The latter one-liner, used to describe their non-committal relationship, is something Stud seems to forget, as he gets in deeper and deeper, which as many of you are aware can only lead to bad things. To find out exactly what happens, though, you’ll have to watch the video. Afterward, feel free to check out Stud’s last Booth feature, July’s You Don’t Know Me.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.