I can’t speak to your tastes, but smooth vocals that are used to paint vivid pictures over a simple yet effective guitar-reliant beat is Perfect For Me. Good thing Mike Stud has all that and more on his brand new single. The Rhode Island native tracks the progression of his relationship with a hipster chick, who judging from the song’s video, is definitely wifey material. With Julkeyz‘s summery production behind him, Stud showcases how his muse inspires him with some dope wordplay like “We be going Mia Hamm in bed/word to Nomar” or the A$AP/Chainz-like line “too f**king young for all that/were just young and f**king”. The latter one-liner, used to describe their non-committal relationship, is something Stud seems to forget, as he gets in deeper and deeper, which as many of you are aware can only lead to bad things. To find out exactly what happens, though, you’ll have to watch the video. Afterward, feel free to check out Stud’s last Booth feature, July’s You Don’t Know Me.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.