I can’t speak to your tastes, but smooth vocals that are used to paint vivid pictures over a simple yet effective guitar-reliant beat is Perfect For Me. Good thing Mike Stud has all that and more on his brand new single. The Rhode Island native tracks the progression of his relationship with a hipster chick, who judging from the song’s video, is definitely wifey material. With Julkeyz‘s summery production behind him, Stud showcases how his muse inspires him with some dope wordplay like “We be going Mia Hamm in bed/word to Nomar” or the A$AP/Chainz-like line “too f**king young for all that/were just young and f**king”. The latter one-liner, used to describe their non-committal relationship, is something Stud seems to forget, as he gets in deeper and deeper, which as many of you are aware can only lead to bad things. To find out exactly what happens, though, you’ll have to watch the video. Afterward, feel free to check out Stud’s last Booth feature, July’s You Don’t Know Me.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.