Most of us could name at least one musician whose work helped to shape the person we would become, but it’s not every day an artist has his or her life changed by a fan. That, however, is exactly what happened to Mike Stud following a show last fall, when he made the acquaintance of a 19-year-old girl struggling with clinical depression. After being forwarded a blog post by the same fan stating that seeing him live had given her the motivation to keep going, he was inspired to send her a message of support, which sparked a correspondence that continues to this day. On new single Past Gone, the Rhode Island emcee reflects on what he’s learned from their conversations, and reaches out to listeners who may be dealing with similar issues. Producers Judge & Swede provide a keyboard-driven beat to complement his rhymes, and Swaggernaut Productions’ Ben links up with Jon Kilmer to direct the official visuals. For Past Gone and much more, check out Mike Stud’s RELIEF street album when it drops digitally on Monday, May 6.
Written by richard on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.