Most of us could name at least one musician whose work helped to shape the person we would become, but it’s not every day an artist has his or her life changed by a fan. That, however, is exactly what happened to Mike Stud following a show last fall, when he made the acquaintance of a 19-year-old girl struggling with clinical depression. After being forwarded a blog post by the same fan stating that seeing him live had given her the motivation to keep going, he was inspired to send her a message of support, which sparked a correspondence that continues to this day. On new single Past Gone, the Rhode Island emcee reflects on what he’s learned from their conversations, and reaches out to listeners who may be dealing with similar issues. Producers Judge & Swede provide a keyboard-driven beat to complement his rhymes, and Swaggernaut Productions’ Ben links up with Jon Kilmer to direct the official visuals. For Past Gone and much more, check out Mike Stud’s RELIEF street album when it drops digitally on Monday, May 6.
Written by richard on 04/10/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.