We all have dreams. Most folks sit around, though, letting their dreams fade into memories of unrealized potential. Mike Stud isn’t most folks, however, and his dream to make an impact in Hip-Hop in playing out in real life. Earlier this week, the former college pitcher dropped off Dreamin (his second DJBooth feature of the month), a video single where Stud fittingly tells the story of a few individuals who achieved their dreams and overcame any obstacles that stood in their way. In the first verse, Stud introduces us to a height-challenged basketball player who worked his way onto a scholarship, followed by the story of a stripper who used her work earnings to pay for tuition. Verses aside, though, Mike really shines on the song’s chorus, which will have you singing along after the first listen. Produced by veteran Scott Storch, Dreamin’ features an appropriately uplifting beat complete with victoriously sounding horns. For those in need of a little extra inspiration, press play and follow Mike Stud’s example.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.