Mike Schpitz and Slot-A may have No Money in their pockets, but that doesn’t stop them from throwing it around whenever the opportunity arises. How do they accomplish this miraculous feat? That’s not really important—but I’m guessing you can chalk it up to the magic of credit. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the latest joint single release from the Chicago residents reprises many of the themes from Slot’s last solo feature, Wednesday’s Choose Wisely; over his grimy synth-bass and syncopated rhythm, the duo wax poetic about the relatively inexpensive pleasures of kush and groupie love. While No Money will not be featured on Mike Schpitz and Slot-A’s new street album, Have You Seen My Stapler?—to own this cut, you’ll have to wait for the tape’s 2013 re-release, Have You Seen My Stapler? Lost & Found—those who like what they’re hearing can expect plenty of equally fresh cuts on the Booth-hosted project, scheduled to hit our front page next week for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.