Mike Schpitz and Slot-A may have No Money in their pockets, but that doesn’t stop them from throwing it around whenever the opportunity arises. How do they accomplish this miraculous feat? That’s not really important—but I’m guessing you can chalk it up to the magic of credit. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the latest joint single release from the Chicago residents reprises many of the themes from Slot’s last solo feature, Wednesday’s Choose Wisely; over his grimy synth-bass and syncopated rhythm, the duo wax poetic about the relatively inexpensive pleasures of kush and groupie love. While No Money will not be featured on Mike Schpitz and Slot-A’s new street album, Have You Seen My Stapler?—to own this cut, you’ll have to wait for the tape’s 2013 re-release, Have You Seen My Stapler? Lost & Found—those who like what they’re hearing can expect plenty of equally fresh cuts on the Booth-hosted project, scheduled to hit our front page next week for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.