If you think about it, Kansan emcee Mike Schpitz and Windy City rapper/producer Slot-A are a lot like Mike Lawry and Marcus Burnett from 1995 action flick Bad Boys. I mean, there are two of them, one is named “Mike”... the parallels are endless. Moving right along, the duo’s latest feature, making its world premiere right here on our front page, is a loosie that didn’t make it onto 2012’s Booth-hosted Have You Seen My Stapler? tape. In spite of its vintage, however, the record feels utterly fresh. Slot’s low-key rhythm section and fluid bassline set the mood as he trades calm, collected bars with his reader-acclaimed partner-in-rhyme. The collaborators double up to deliver the joint’s laid-back chorus. Stapler is still available in the Booth, but those craving something a little more recent should check out Mike’s Paid Time Off LP, released (also via The DJBooth) in December.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.