If you think about it, Kansan emcee Mike Schpitz and Windy City rapper/producer Slot-A are a lot like Mike Lawry and Marcus Burnett from 1995 action flick Bad Boys. I mean, there are two of them, one is named “Mike”... the parallels are endless. Moving right along, the duo’s latest feature, making its world premiere right here on our front page, is a loosie that didn’t make it onto 2012’s Booth-hosted Have You Seen My Stapler? tape. In spite of its vintage, however, the record feels utterly fresh. Slot’s low-key rhythm section and fluid bassline set the mood as he trades calm, collected bars with his reader-acclaimed partner-in-rhyme. The collaborators double up to deliver the joint’s laid-back chorus. Stapler is still available in the Booth, but those craving something a little more recent should check out Mike’s Paid Time Off LP, released (also via The DJBooth) in December.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
The Prize Package
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Get Up (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)